Category: Quick Joomla Tutorials
Published on Sunday, 26 February 2012 06:14
Start building you website quickly using joomla 2.5 , easy way to build you website using joomla CMS.
To start building using joomla you need the following tools :
server(are available free for windows).
2) joomla package
.(which is a open source and also available for free)
After the wamp/xamp installation, you can find a wamp/xamp folder in your drive where you have installed the server(Normally we install at c:/ drive).
Extract the joomla package in the www folder inside the wamp/xamp.
Now name the extracted folder whatever you want to name your project.
start the server by clicking the by clicking the (wamp/xamp)manager.exe file inside their folder.
now go to your browser and enter url as //localhost/phpmyadmin
here you need to create the database for joomla.
name whatever you want to name the database.
after it goto the url //localhost
and select your project folder which will be named inside it.
it will start the installation process of joomla.
1) Select your preffered Language and click on next.
2) Review the settings and then click on next again.
3) Read/Check the GNU license, click next.
4) Select the database tyle mysql/mysqli,
Host name is localhost,
user name of mysql, by default it is root,
password empty, or write password if you have set any,
after that select the database name which you have create in //localhost/phpmyadmin
you can select prefix for tables,
or select if you have a previous database that you want to backup or select remove to start fresh
installlation and click on next.
5) It will take a few seconds, then you have to select ftp settings which are optional.
6) Then in Configurations you have to setup the Name of your web project, in advance settings you can
set the metadata and keywords for your fresh installed web project, you email as admin, username,
password, Confirm Password, then you can click on install sample data if you want some tutorial like
information to be there in website or you can leave it for empty installation, and can add content later.
after clicking next.
7) Now you can remove the installation folder, and can click on the site button in the right corner to check
the installed project, or can click on adminitrator button to goto the admin area and add content.